Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mariah Carey...I dont even care if thats spelled right...lol.

Let it be known that I am really, sincerely, from the b ottom of my heart, unimpressed... nay, Im disgusted.

I JUST had the pleasure of introducing her, hosting her at City Walk. Yes, I was the emcee. My job, keep the crowd building...pumped... thrilled to see this ... ummm singer..after she hit eighteen number one singles. She has bypassed elvis. Which, in his defense, he hasnt been putting em out like he used to...

But she is approaching Beatle status... which... in their defense... yeah, not many either recently.

But, my gripe with Mariah Careless ?

Well, the crowd was pumped at four.... and ready to go. Some of them had been there since midnight. One even drove from oregon to be there... And the crowd was also still going strong at six when she was scheduled to hit the stage. Which, meant, she would say "hi...."

However... at 8:30, when she FINALLY sauntered out amidst her "entourage"... they were kind of fed up.

And, then... a guy in a blue serge striped suit coat over an orange t shirt started flailing his arms in my direction as though I could understand sycophant ....apparently he didnt think I was keeping the crowd pumped enough while she was strolling in to her tune " touch my baldy" or whatever it was blaring thru the speakers.... Maybe he had already gone deaf due to the fact the audience had been booing her during the final hour of waiting patiently for her majesty to appear....

miffed ? Not until blue serge tried to give me the stink eye....

Geeeshh... you can almost hear the ticking of the second meltdown counter tracking the time...


Thanks Mariah... you made thousands of peoples day... literally, cause lor knows they had nothing else to do...



No comments: