Friday, February 15, 2008

But, I like the place......

There is a Subway restaurant not too far from my house. I like Subway. However, there is a new employee that causes me to cringe internally everytime I realize that she will be my" Sandwich Artist." The following is a transcript ... of my recent visit. ( okay. to the best of my recollection...)

Welcome to Subway. What can I get you ?

Six inch honey oat. Roast Beef. No Cheese. Toasted.

Okay. What kind of bread ?

Honey Oat, Roast Beef.

And the meat ?

Roast Beef.

Would you like that toasted ?


Yes.


What kind of cheese ?




No Cheese.



What kind ?




None.



Okay.


- We pause as toasting takes about 30 seconds. - Back to the action.


Mustard and Mayo?

No. Thank you. Ill have spicy mustard after everything is on.

Mayo ?

No. Just spicy mustard... on everything .. at ( she is putting it on the meat now ) the end. That's good. Thank you.

- as she reaches for the veggies.


Light on Lettuce. No tomatoes.

( huge pile of lettuce )


Could you take some of the lettuce off?

Oh, yes.

Not tomatoes.

( She is reaching for the tomatoes )

No tomatoes.

Pardon? ( Tomatoes are now on the relatively large pile of lettuce )

No tomatoes, can you take the tomatoes off ?

Oh, yes. Sorry....

Extra black olives.

Pardon ?

Extra black olives.

Olives ?

Yes. Could I have a few extra?

Yes.

And everything else ...

Do you want cucumber....?

Yes, everything else.

Onions....?

Yeah. Everything...

Is that it ?

Yes. Thats everything. And thats good. Im good.

She reaches for the Oil.


No oil please... Im good.

That's all ?

Yes. Im good. We are done....

For here ?

Yes. And, Ill take chips too....

Chips ?

Yes. Potato Chips.

She leaves to get the chips. I know full well what is about to happen.

From the back....



What kind...?



--------------------------

That pretty much sums it up.... Every time I have her as my SANDWICH ARTIST....

EVERYTIME....

is it me ?


3 comments:

debbilicious said...

I'm gonna be a smart ass and say if you'd come to my house for dinner that wouldn't have happened! lol

Madhypnotist said...

Ahh but are you a sandwich artist ?

debbilicious said...

Well, for that you'd have to come over and find out for yourself, but I will say this: you wouldn't have to tell me twice what you wanted! ; )