Friday, February 22, 2008

One of those things....

Let me set the mood:
It's raining. I love rain...it makes me feel great.
I just finished a couple of really successful hypnosis sessions where the clients were complimentary and said things like, "I've never thought of things like that before."
I like that response.One of the sessions was helping with insomnia. One of my favorite issues to deal with. I'm pretty successful at helping people sleep... take that as you may.

But, it is the type of day when while I'm driving in the car, rather than listening to talk radio, I crank up a rock station. And this made me laugh.

The song that was playing was La Bamba.

It took me back at least seventeen years. I was emceeing and performing at The Oldenberg Brewery in Ft. Mitchell, KY. A lot of great things happened there. It was our New Years eve show and the place was packed. We were doing an extra show and trying to come up with songs to pump up the crowd. The band was amazing, they could play anything. Someone suggested - La Bamba. It was big that year and we knew the crowd would love it. However, we had never rehearsed it. Not one note. But, I, being the comic in the show, suggested we play it anyway, and I would fake the Spanish portions. I knew I could at least get thru the song , and also knew the crowd was relatively drunk, and, possibly free of Spanish speaking individuals.

So, we did the song. I know it's one of those " ya had to be there moments. " But ,yes...

We did La Bamba. I know the lyrics arent " la freechiemeo ben a deedo nacho la ditto manee a chia wowa" But, I bet they sounded like that that night. We did it. The crowd loved it. And, no one said a word to us later.

Still makes me laugh.

A Reba

No comments: