Wednesday, November 30, 2005

A late Thanksgiving posting...



Well, due to what can only be described as an overdose of trytophan, it took me a bit of time to post my Thanksgiving tale.
This year, my plan to "give back" turned into a huge success. I found an ad, thru the popular website craigslist.org, telling me of a group that does a sort of grass roots "feed the homeless" and I followed up on it . Now, I didn't really push for details ( I'm a photographer, not a journalist ) but as near as I can tell, this was the name of the "project"....



and this is where we met on Sunset....
and this is what we did... in a sort of fire brigade fashion, food, which everyone supplied, was placed on plates. Huge amounts of food, Turkey, yams, potatoes, and gravy, etc. ( I manned the gravy...the one thanksgiving staple of which I have never been fond ). Tons of food... Well, technically maybe not tons of food, but no one counted.


then the plates of food where placed in bags, then placed in cars, and the bags were delivered to the homeless that the drivers found.

The energy was amazing. The feeling of helping was very obvious and the people in attendance were all great people. Some 500 plates of food went out and some people brought articles of clothing, blankets, and other household items that anyone without would appreciate. It was a great couple of hours and a great project.



Then, a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with friends, primarily short friends from the enchanted forest. Yeah, a few of snow white's dwarves. I was invited by a dear friend.... who is attacking the Turkey with a new electric knife...
An awesome dinner and an awesome day...

thanks for taking a moment of your day to read....

more news to follow...

including the exciting ..thrilling... tragic ... foray into the world of reality TV. Which airs this Friday... My version of the story will be posted after the airing...

-D


No comments: